I usually do a Top 20 but I found myself struggling to fill all the spots and I was just picking stuff randomly so I decided to do a Top 10 instead. Then, I had trouble kicking out designers from the list (I initially had 18), so I decided to just leave it at 12. I mean whatever, right? It's mah blog and I'll pick whatever arbitrary number to do a listicle I want. So here are my most favorite shows this season, some of the picks are obvious but I think I managed to include a good mix of regulars and newbies.
(And now a moment of silence for those who couldn't make it here, namely, Miu Miu, Prada, Balenciaga and Nina Ricci. I love you guys. I'll see you next season).
1. Louis Vuitton: Mix n Match to the max.
2. Proenza Schouler: "Cos the lady is a vamp, she's a vixen not a tramp"
3. Marc Jacobs: A bajillion influences in a blender make one hell of a ladylike smoothie.
4. Christopher Kane: Dude. Apes. APES!!!
5. Basso and Brooke: The raddest, brightest prints I've ever seen in my life.
6. Dolce & Gabbana: The circle as a trend. Layering, brocades and silk pajamas say hello!
7. Alexander McQueen: The master at his brightest best.
8. Haider Ackermann: Defiantly bold, strong and sexy.
9. Ann Demeulemeester: Chic urban warriors.
10. Thakoon: Lux prints in grungy semi-awkward silhouettes = LOVE.
11. Fendi: Spaceladies from the future past.
12. Devi Kroell: Best debut collection ever. Thoroughly modern, minimalist, structural and oh so chic.