New year resolutions are totally awesome. For like, the two days you think about them, things look like they're finally gonna go your way and you will be master of your domain and yada yada yada. In the spirit of actually keeping them this year, I figured I may as well write them down.
Real life resolutions:
1. Be more creative and make stuff : I need to not be a lazy bum.
2. Don't hold grudges : aka 2009 Year of Positivity
3. Cook more : No more diner every night.
4. Put money in savings account : I mean, I have it for a reason, right?
5. Go out more! : Shows, bars, museums, movies etc. No more being a hermit.
Fun random resolutions:
1. Decorate the apartment : I would like to get a couple of rugs and some curtains, at least.
3. Buy a nice bag: I think I am ready to commit to a nice leather bag that I can keep for forever. Most of my bags are canvas for some reason, and I'd like something a bit more durable and that can go from day to night a bit more easily, while still keeping all my crap inside (I require that bags be at least 8.5" x 11" so I can fit magazines in it). In a magical world (which 2009 will surely be), I would acquire one of these:
This Marc Jacobs studded, fuschia, metallic bag. Ooh, what a handful! And yes, I would totally make this an everyday bag, I mean, how obnoxious would that be?
This Miu Miu bowling bag. I love Bowling bags and the grey leather is totally awesome. This bag would also look totally rad after a few years of use.
This Marc by Marc patent leather bag. It's simple, functional AND on sale.
This Louis Vuitton/Stephen Sprouse malarky bag. I know, I know, it's totally like BAAAH. But I love it. I can't help it.
And of course, the awesome new Proenza Schouler bag. So awesomely old school french schoolbags of rad. In NAVY LEATHER! OMG
What are some of your fun random resolutions?
Ps. In a couple of hours I am flying to Puerto Rico for a week of fun with my family! I'll probably be popping in a bit here and there, but it definitely won't be a priority! So psyched.